Our dentists and team are looking for dental assistants in Mandeville, Louisiana, to join the Grand Family Dentistry team. You will find working with our team to be fun, challenging and rewarding. You will have chances to learn and opportunities to be a mentor. You will thrive with our team if you want to grow professionally, serve our community and help us create new smiles.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the office and be responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide patients through the process before treatment
- Educate patients on oral hygiene and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment
- Take X-rays and save them to patient charts
- Be responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene room and operatory rooms
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement and pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Clean chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment
- Document patient information, treatment plans and procedures in the patient charts
- Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom temporary crowns and impression trays
- Be responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in local community affairs and events, including presentations, events and any opportunities to promote a positive image of Grand Family Dentistry
- Assist with monthly inventory counts
- Assist with other office duties as needed
- Senior high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Love for working with children
- Compassionate service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity — always doing the right thing
- Dependability, reliability and ability to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- X-ray certification
- Certified dental assistant credentials may be required for specific positions.
- One year of office experience in a dentist’s or physician’s office
- Experience with general dentistry
The nature of this work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents and staff. Applicants must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds. They must be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop as well.
Qualities of Our Best Dental Assistants:
- Consistent optimism and positive attitude
- Ability to show up on time every day, dressed appropriately and ready to pitch in and do your part to take care of our valued patients
- Compassion and empathy
- Ability to anticipate our patients’ needs
- Belief that helping change someone’s smile is helping change someone’s life
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed as one of the best dental assistants around, we want to hear from you and discuss your potential career at Grand Family Dentistry.
Please call us today to schedule an interview. You can bring your resume to our office at 2083 3rd St. or 535 N. Causeway Blvd. in Mandeville, Louisiana, or use the form below to email it to us.