Are you ready for a career as a dental hygienist in Mandeville, Louisiana? Our dentists would love to talk to you about becoming a part of the Grand Family Dentistry team. We are looking for bright, motivated self-starters who will not only help our dentists provide excellent dental care but will also offer outstanding customer service and patient education.
- Passionate about providing patient-centered care and excellent patient service
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable scheduling patients’ dental hygiene appointments
Duties & Responsibilities:
Registered dental hygienists are assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed professional work in providing dental hygiene services. These include:
- Implementing appropriate standard of care therapy.
- Assisting a dentist in providing periodontal, dental or hygiene care and treatment.
- Assessing patients’ teeth, bone and periodontal tissues for the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creating periodontal treatment plans based on the dentist’s diagnosis.
- Bringing to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly removing soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stains from teeth using hand instruments, ultrasonic Cavitron® inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instructing patients on how to practice good oral hygiene, making recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care and providing other health care education as necessary.
- Performing prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Performing full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Performing root planing as a periodontal therapy.
- Placing locally administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implementing irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Exposing, developing and mounting dental X-rays, both intraoral and extraoral.
- Performing in-office whitening procedures, including applying gingival isolation, initial and subsequent bleaching gel and curing gel.
- Applying cavity prevention agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Making recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- Fulfilling all other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State of Louisiana.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Willing to partner with the dentist and work well as part of the total dental team
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity. You will be using dental instruments in a patient’s mouth, and there is little room for error.
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, brand new, state-of-the-art environment!
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to meet you. Call our office at 985-231-5390 to plan your interview. You can bring your resume to our office at 2083 Third Street, Mandeville, Louisiana, or email it to our team using the form below.